Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Are you as bored as I am?


How boring is a Super 8 motel in Hartford, CT with two days off, crappy rainy weather and nothing to do except to
go and find some food a couple of times a day?

Seriously?

Hard up, I tweeted for suggestions for things to do and got "apple picking" and some place called Old Sturbridge Village. And I don't think these suggestions were given in any irony, and were presumably offered as legitimate alternatives to boredom.

Since I am not a middle-aged gay man or a senior citizen, neither of these options would have appealed to me much, even if the cold and the rain hadn't squashed any notion of it anyway. Anyway, I know my friends were only trying to be helpful.

Here's some amusing blogs I found while busy being bored.

Forgotten Bookmarks
No Telling
Weird Auction Listings
The always more than just a little disturbing Charlie Daniel's Soapbox
Thing I Found at the Thrift Store

1 comment:

  1. you're not a middle aged gay man?
    I guess I should pay closer attention at shows.

    ReplyDelete