Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ladies' Craft Brunch

I'm kicked up in my bed with my laptop, and a nap is on the horizon for sure, but I wanted to post some pictures from brunch today. I had a few friends over for (way too much) food, mimosas and crafting.


My sister and niece came over last night and we made cute little toppers for the quiches I'd made.







I found inspiration for brunchy goodness at Clockwork Lemon's blog, and roasted some baby red potatoes then tossed them with apple chicken sausage, caramelized onions, arugula and smoked cheddar.
We also had this lovely Lemon Pull-Apart Coffee Cake, which is just sinfully good; soft, tangy and sweet. Here's a pic before it got slathered with cream cheese icing.







But enough about the food. We also actually did do a bit of crafting. As a fabric hoarder who can't stand to throw even the tiniest scraps away, I have accumulated quite a few very small pieces of fabric; perfect for covered button crafts. I gathered the scraps up and they looked so cute in the little fabric baskets I'd made, especially paired with my new scrappy jelly jar covers that make charming little vases.





Annaliese was the only one who would consent to having her photo taken, and you should have seen the horrified looks my other guests gave me at the mention of the words "camera" and "pictures". I thought everyone looked lovely though.





And here's a picture of the fruits of our labors. We made fabric covered buttons in various sizes and then turned them into fridge magnets, bobby pins, earrings and ponytail holders. I had so much fun, can't wait for the next craft brunch. If anyone has any good ideas for group crafting projects, I'd love to hear about them.




4 comments:

  1. Oh envious now :)! Would have loved to be there!!! Your food line up sounds divine and I would have gone bunkers over your scrap fabrics!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curse that ocean that separates us! I would love for you to come over and make stuff with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know people are horrified at the sound/sight of her name, but my friend has a subscription to Sandra Lee's magazine and got the idea for her craft brunch (projects) from there. We made a tussie mussie thingy and a wild flower seed packet, using cd envelopes. I should blog about it, to at least show off the pictures. But it's been a month so I'm a bit late. But I'll try to remember next time.

    this was the tussie mussie thingie

    http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224277_10150241504123767_574348766_8613302_5802854_n.jpg

    I don't have a picture of the seed packet, but could since we haven't used it yet. But they're great because you can mail them in addition to keeping them. Also they's made great shower favors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a scrap hoarder too! Great ideas for using them up.

    ReplyDelete